Tuesday, August 26, 2008

The Segway That Got Away

Dear Blogging World,

While although it is easy to continue a relationship sharing everyday life and shallow thoughts and ideas I have found that, at times, it is impertinent to go a little deeper. This may include becoming vulnerable, but, within a bubble of trust, this may prove to only deepen ones relationship. So, Blog watchers.... Deep and vulnerable I shall venture.

I was given the opportunity to ride on the Segway Calvary had rented for VBS. It ws great fun to use;having an already great sense of balance i was able to speed along and make quick turns. So, naturally, when I got to the ramp that had been built in Calvary's sanctuary I approached with speed and confidence. Victory was mine as i went smoothly up adn then down the ramp with ease... Until I had to push my luck and try one more.

Coming down the ramp my right tire caught on the front stage stairs thus throwing me off to the left while my body slid down the ramp. The Segway, however, continues to go even when no human is occupying it and so it continued to run down the stairs until it went straight into a row of pews.

Thinking my embarasment was limited The upper lights turned on as i looked up and saw my audience of onlookers. (Did i mention i was wearing a dress)

No comments: